FKA Twigs Teases Upcoming TechnoInfluenced Album: ‘Its Deep But Not Sad

0
FKA Twigs Teases Upcoming TechnoInfluenced Album: ‘Its Deep But Not Sad

Previously, the musician abandoned the material from the entire project after entering the network.

FKA Twigs changed the scene with her move to Prague, where she encountered the main influences on her next album: techno. In a series of Discord posts, the musician teased the project, which will be his first since 2022's Caprisongs . "I moved to Prague for a few summers and fell in love with techno music," he wrote. “The album is not techno, but it has soul [actually].”

Explaining the tone of the record, Twiggs shared: "It's deep, but it's not sad... I'm not sad anymore." Announcing new music, even if it's a teaser, is a positive moment for a musician. In October, he revealed that dozens of his demos had been leaked by a hacker and he had to start over. “I got hacked and someone leaked my 85 demos,” he wrote on Instagram Stories. "Well done, no new music yet."

During a Discord pop-up, Twigs shared that she was collaborating with British electronic artist Corales on an upcoming record. She teased one of their collaborations at her Paris Fashion Week show last year. The musician added that he hasn't been listening to a lot of music while creating his own tracks since he was recently on Do To Shell.

With new music on the way, Twigs continues to regain control of her narrative. Last week, she shared an emotional response to the UK's Advertising Standards Authority, which banned her Calvin Klein ad campaign almost a year ago. “I don't see the 'stereotypical sex thing' as they call me.” “I see a beautiful, strong woman of color with an incredible body who has overcome more pain than you can imagine,” Twiggs wrote on Instagram and shared a photo from the ad in which she is partially nude.

"In light of my examination of other past and present companies of this nature, I can't help but think there's a bit of a double standard here. To be clear... I'm proud of my body and hold the art I create to the standards of women like Josephine Baker, Eartha Keith, and Grace Jones “Who break the barriers of uniquely embodied sensuality.”

Yoongi walks around like a gangster, no one dares to approach him or catch him!!

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)